The heart of the Thommen Implant System
The implant-abutment connection has a significant impact on how reliably an implant is inserted in the surrounding tissue, thereby determining the clinical longevity and esthetics of the case.
"Designed to the tiniest detail for optimal reliability."
Dr. D. Nisand, Paris, FR
Benefits at a Glance
- The stabilizing ring and the hexagon socket allow for mechanical stability and exact fit.
- The small and high-strength abutment screw allows a narrow screw channel and ensures high prosthetic flexibility.
- The clever design of the abutment screw offers protection against mechanical overload.
1. Stabilization in the axial direction
The precise axial positioning of the abutment on the implant shoulder reliably prevents the axial discrepancy that occurs with conical connections.
2. Stabilization in the lateral direction
The stabilizing ring provides optimal mechanical stability and reduces micromovements at bone and soft tissue level.
3. Smooth transition between Abutment and Implant Neck
The exact fit of abutment and implant allows for easy probing on the one hand and optimal cleanability on the other.
4. High Surface Pressure
The slightly chamfered contact surface of the abutments results in high surface pressure in the marginal area and the best possible seal against body fluids.