One comprehensive implant system, based on a unique, proven design, optimized over three decades of clinical success with the MULTIGUARD Protection Solution. A combination of innovative features working together to protect implant integrity by maintaining mechanical stability and an favorable bio-response for the life of the patient.
For fast osseointegration
Faster osseointegration is promoted by the implant surface INICELL® which is the superhydrophilic state of the proven sandblasted and acid etched Thommen implant surface (1-3). INICELL® is generated in a few seconds with the chairside conditioning system APLIQUIQ®. The conditioning agent applied with APLIQUIQ® has an antimicrobial effect which reduces the risk of infection in the early healing phase (5-6). The implant bed preparation with the VECTOdrillsTM, in combination with the Thommen implant thread profile, creates the condition for fast and reliable osseointegration.
Designed for long-term mechanical stability
The EVERGUARD® Connection, with an internal hex and external stabilization ring, ensures optimal long-term stability of the implant abutment connection. The connection design includes a vertical stop for consistent abutment position and preservation of the abutment screw’s preload to avoid screw loosening. The clever design of the reduced size abutment screw enables thicker implant and abutment walls and protects implant integrity (7). The reduced screw access channel allows for improved restorative flexibility and aesthetics.
For a gentle approach to the soft tissue
The TISSUEGUARD® Collar encourages soft tissue adaptation to prevent bone loss and allows for surgical flexibility to place the machined collar into the bone depending on the clinical need (4). The machined surface of the collar is for soft tissue and is cleansable, which improves hygienic maintenance to reduce the risk of biologic complications, including peri-implantitis. Supports optimal placement of the implant/abutment junction allowing for restorative flexibility and easy impression taking (8-11). Smooth transition between implant and abutment leaves no void or ledge for bacteria and facilitates problem-free probing.
- Hicklin SP, Janner SF, Schnider N, Chappuis V, Buser D, Brägger U. Early Loading of Titanium Dental Implants with an Intraoperatively Conditioned Hydrophilic Implant Surface: 3-Year Results of a Prospective Case Series Study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2020;35(5):1013-20.
- Gac OL, Grunder U. Six-Year Survival and Early Failure Rate of 2918 Implants with Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Enossal Surfaces. Dent J (Basel). 2015;3(1):15-23.
- Makowiecki A, Hadzik J, Błaszczyszyn A, Gedrange T, Dominiak M. An evaluation of superhydrophilic surfaces of dental implants - a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Oral Health. 2019;19(1):79.
- Camarda AJ, Durand R, Benkarim M, Rompre PH, Guertin G, Ciaburro H. Prospective randomized clinical trial evaluating the effects of two different implant collar designs on peri-implant healing and functional osseointegration after 25 years. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2020.
- Mohammadi Z, Dummer PM. Properties and applications of calcium hydroxide in endodontics and dental traumatology. Int Endod J. 2011;44(8):697-730.
- Madigan MM, Bender KS, Buckley DH, Sattley WM, Stahl DA. Brock Biology of Microorganisms. 16th ed: Pearson; 2020.
- Yu H, Qiu L. Analysis of fractured dental implant body from five different implant systems: a long-term retrospective study. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2022;51(10):1355-61.
- Steiger-Ronay V, Merlini A, Wiedemeier DB, Schmidlin PR, Attin T, Sahrmann P. Location of unaccessible implant surface areas during debridement in simulated peri-implantitis therapy. BMC Oral Health. 2017;17(1):137.
- Jepsen S, Berglundh T, Genco R, Aass AM, Demirel K, Derks J, et al. Primary prevention of periimplantitis: managing peri-implant mucositis. J Clin Periodontol. 2015;42 Suppl 16:S152-7.
- Derks J, Håkansson J, Wennström JL, Tomasi C, Larsson M, Berglundh T. Effectiveness of implant therapy analyzed in a Swedish population: early and late implant loss. J Dent Res. 2015;94(3 Suppl):44s-51s.
- Derks J, Schaller D, Håkansson J, Wennström JL, Tomasi C, Berglundh T. Effectiveness of Implant Therapy Analyzed in a Swedish Population: Prevalence of Peri-implantitis. J Dent Res. 2016;95(1):43-9.